Gaines Marina

US Custom

Gaines Marina maintains a U.S. Customs office for seaplanes entering the USA from Canada. The U.S. Customs office is located just North of the bridge.

You may call us before your arrival either VHF channel 16 or by phone at 518-297-7000.

Additional information:
Please take note that Canada and US Customs are in the process of revising their requirements for entry into Canada and the USA respectively. The following information is presented as a public service and no representations are made, expressed or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or suitability as a guide for entry into either country.

All boats entering the United States from Canada must report to U.S. Customs either by calling a toll free number:1-800-827-2851 before leaving Canada or while en route. The U.S. Customs office is located just North of the bridge.

U.S. Border Crossing Requirements Have Changed-Make sure you are compliant today!
Simplify your travel checklist!
Starting June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, are required to present one of the travel documents listed below.

U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.

U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.

Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver’s license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.

Trusted Traveler Program Cards – NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST enrollment cards can speed your entry into the U.S. and are issued only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The cards are valid for use at land or sea; the NEXUS card can be used in airports with a NEXUS kiosk.

Special Groups – Information for Children, Groups of Children, Native Americans, "Closed Loop" Cruises, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, U.S. Military, Merchant Mariners, Ferries and Small Boats, and Boaters.

Knowing what documents are required and having them ready when you return home will help streamline the entry process and ensure your return to the U.S. is as smooth as possible.
© Gaines Marina Inc.   |   141 Lake Street Rouses Point, NY 12979   |   (518) 297-7000